»

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Mother & Daughter Cooking Night

This is Paige in her apron. Today around noon she came up to me and said, "Mom can I bake some cookies?" I told her she could, but she needed to go outside in the freezer and get some chocolate chips out. I told her to let them thaw out and so she put them on the cupboard. So while she was waiting for them to thaw out I had a little nap. Every 10 seconds she was coming up to me and she said, "Mom, they are thawed out now... can I cook now???" But then it was time to cook dinner so she wanted to do that too. After cooking she asked everyone how it was and if they liked it and yes it was really good for being cooked by a 10 year old (which had a little help with the stove and oven). But finally the chocolate chips thawed out and she got started. Well she went and got the two aprons out, mine and hers. She said, "Mom put yours on too and I can put mine on and we can be twins." So I put mine on and she went and got the bowl and all the cooking ingredients. Well I tried to help her but every time I tried she said, "No! Let me do it. I am the cook, not you. Get out of my kitchen. Just kidding but I want to do it." So I just watched and made sure she didn't get any egg shells in the mix or something that didn't belong. When she was done mixing it she even wanted to put it on the pan and put it in the oven. So when the timer went off, she got them out of the oven and put them on the cooling rack. Then she got the next batch ready and kept doing it until all the dough was gone. Well Allie came in and grabbed a cookie. She was about to put it in her mouth and Paige said, "Allie, don't eat it. This is my kitchen and I want to serve you. Wait until I am done." So Allie put the cookie back. When she was done she served the cookies and said, "How do you like my gourmet cooking?"

This is us in our aprons.

This is Paige getting the ingredients out to get the cookie dough made.

She had to stand on the tips of her toes so that she could reach.


But then she got the stool so she could reach to mix the rest of it up.

Then she put the cookie dough onto the pans.


This is what they looked like when they were finished. Let me tell you, I didn't know she had it in her. She is a really good cook.

5 comments:

Jessika said...

looks good!! i remember when i was younger i loved helping my mom in the kitchen! i think it just seems more fun when you're younger or something, I dunno. Hope you guys are all doing well!

*~The Stephensen's~* said...

Oh Paige Im so proud of you,, you did a great job.. Ill be up for a Cookie,, wink~ I love you! Anut Markae

Rex and Paula said...

Like mother like daughter...you are one of the best cookie makers I know. I miss those times Jessika is talking about. She used to love to make things. Tell Paige the cookies look good!

Claudine said...

Looks like Paige needs a cooking blog like Paula has. What cute photos. She's a good one to have around.

The Logan Family said...

Wow, those cookies look good! Looks like you guy's had fun! Those are some fun times.....I think you need a "Mother,Daughter & Friend Cooking Night!" LOL!!

I just received a bunch of new and easy recipes I will copy for you. I am trying a few out this week and will let you know more after we sample them.

Did you like the Dumplings?